Monday, October 17, 2011

Life is flying by!

Dj and I feel like life is just flying by. We both started working way more hours. He went from his wonderful 10 hour weeks to 40 and I went from 32 hours to 50. Life went into crazy mode. Then on top of the new work hours it has been really busy jumping into all the festivities with Halloween and Fall. This weekend especially was crazy. We had a bunch of friends over on Friday night. Brooke, Joey, Jen, Jon and Jadelynn all came over for what we are now calling the Halloween Sweet Fest. We did it last year and had so much fun we decided to start it up as a tradition. We made pumpkin cookies, caramel apples, homemade donuts, snicker doodles, broccoli and cheese soup, and bread sticks. We were pretty up on our sugar count. We carved pumpkins and pigged out all night. It was really fun to all get together.




Jadelynn is the most adorable girl ever. She makes me laugh! 



 Brooke, Me, Jen, and Jadelynn


 Harley and his spit bubble. Always has one!
 The next morning I taught a Christmas Decor class for my Sister Amber's Relief Society super Saturday. It was a really good practice for the big Osmond Designs class I'm teaching in November. That evening my Sisters, Mom and I went to Witches Night Out up at Gardners Village in West Jordan. Meg and Ashley you were missed! :( We dressed up like pretty little witches and went to spend the night with the crowds and yes there were CROWDS. That event gets more and more crazy every year. We shopped and ate at Archabalds like everyone else there! It really is so fun to go to and for sure one of my favorite Halloween traditions.


Then to finish off the crazy weekend on Sunday we had some of Dj's family over for Sunday dinner. Dana, Rand, Whitney and Kameron all came over to try out my rookie cooking. I'm so not a cook. I just never do so I have no idea how to time big meals and all that This one actually turned out pretty good. There were a few mishaps but I'd say not to shabby. I was so excited to sit down and just relax for a little bit at the end of the day. I even fell asleep at like 9:30. Much needed!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

No wonder you guys didn't respond to coming to the haunted house with us Fri... :) Were just too old and boring. um...someone totally stole my idea for a pumpkin, not cool. I like your witch hat by the way.

Jennifer said...

This is the first I've seen of your darker hair color and I love it.

I'm glad you and DJ are starting traditions early it looks like a lot of fun.