Sunday, October 21, 2012

September!

September was busy busy as most months are for DJ and I. So here goes the random post for my book. Got to get all the pictures in so I'll just jump around. 

We went up the canyon on Labor Day with my family for tin foil dinners in the fire (my FAVORITE). 
 Then the week after that was really exciting for me because my new SOFA CAME!!!! I was so thrilled how it turned out in my room. I got the clock too. Now I get to paint. That's the fun part. I'm hoping to get that going once it gets cold outside. It's going to be my winter project.
 On a sad note we had a leak in our house from our washer and didn't know it. Our ceiling started to bow and drip. It was really sickening to see holes in our ceiling. the joys of being a homeowner.


 My Mom and I did my Friend Sarah's wedding flowers and they turned out gorgeous. I posted most of them  on my peony blog.
                                         

I got a really cool opportunity to design a photo shoot for a company called Atley.com. I got to design three different rooms and do 20 "top shots". It was a great chance to learn and grow in another area of design. I truly loved doing it and wish it could be my full time job! 






 


I was so excited to finally get TREES! We got two little guys. One is a weeping mulberry that I planted right by my porch. The other is a flowering cherry that we added to our little "pond" on the corner. I love the way it all turned out. 


My parents and us went down to St. George to see the Tuacahn plays. Dj and I only went and saw Aladdin. It wasn't my favorite play but it was still fun to go see. 

The second night in St. George while everyone else was seeing the plays we went on a "high school date". We went miniature golfing, rode go carts, and did the batting cages at FIESTA FUN! Haha I actually really enjoyed myself. It was fun. 


This part is depressing! Its time to pull out Christmas for my work and let me tell you I DID NOT want to do this. We pulled out all the Christmas and I had to sort and tag it for the two stores, and of course it started to rain in the middle of sorting. This took TWO WEEKS to do. It was miserable but now Christmas is up and I am one thankful girl. 


 And I truly have the cutest dog alive! He is so adorable. 

3 comments:

WhiteFamily said...

So fun to see what you have been up to! I love your design talents...I just wish a little would rub off on me! And Harley really is a cute dog!

Amber said...

You are so talented! I love seeing your pics, too.

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about your ceiling but I'm glad its fixed and your couch is beautiful I love it.