Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cruising the Caribbean.

I feel like we have stepped of the world and are finally coming back into reality. LIFE has been CRAZY. 
DJ and I were so lucky to get to spend two weeks cruising the Caribbean. We went with my parents, Diana and Scott Leiter, My Aunt and Uncle Carolyn and Loney, and my sister and brother Misty, Kelly and their two boys. 

We sailed with Norwegian Cruise Line for the first time and really liked it. 









We had a day on sea and then our first port was Samana, Dominican Republic. We did a rope zip line that was a blast. 
















Our 2nd day was in Tortola, BVI. This was my favorite island that we went to. We spent the day on this amazing beach which had the most AMAZING fruit smoothies. I will never find one as good. 









Our 3rd Island was St. Maarten. We drove around the island to see the french and dutch side. We went to a beach that was where the planes land and take off from. It was insane! We all got sand blasted when the planes took off. 









Our 4th Island was Antigua. We went on a kayak adventure through some man groves and the rest of the group went snorkeling. 







The 5th Island was Barbados. All my family went diving and I sat on the beach with the rest of the clan. We ate some yummy fries and watched the stormy clouds pass by. 




The final island the 6th stop was St. Kitts which was a huge let down. We ended up on a blah beach with a horrid driver lady who was so incredibly rude. DJ really liked it cause my Dad rented Jet Skis and Dj was the only one who really took it out. He had a blast. 








We were so sick of the food by the end that we went and ate at one of the specialty restaurants. It was a steak house and oh boy was it yummy. We all PIGGED out. 



The islands were beautiful and it was a wonderful two weeks. I was sure happy to come home to my puppy and my bed! I think I am for sure a home body. Nothing beats home. 






2 comments:

Aimee said...

It looks beautiful. Glad you had fun

Jennifer said...

Looks like a lot of fun and I think I can relate to that giant pig!