Saturday, February 4, 2012

Birthday to me!

So although January was a pretty boring uneventful month I did get to celebrate my 23rd birthday. I went up to Park City with my beautiful mother for the Sundance Film Festival. We just wanted to see some famous people that's all. I always like to go there on my birthday. Last year I was in Cozumel Mexico so I had to do something fun this year. 


We did see Blyth Danner, but that was about the most exciting person that was on main street. Lunch was interesting though. We ended up at a bar! haha Random. 

After Park City Mom and I met up with my Dad and DJ at Pei Wei my new favorite! Before dinner though we stopped at my Parents house and Amber and Gregg's family were there to wish me happy birthday and sing to me. So sweet. We had cake as an appetizer and I opened some presents. My darling sister Megan made me a cake plate that is so fun and my Mom gave me a design book by one of my favorite designers Rachel Ashwell, and a bundle of Tulips. I also got mums and a small digital camera for our cruise (in 21 days) from my wonderful hubby. I love quite happy birthdays. They make me so happy. 




The day before my birthday everyone at work was so sweet. Dear Cathy made me Banana Cake and put sticky notes all over my bin. She is no longer working at Osmonds and I can't even begin to explain how much she is missed. I will always love that girl. She is amazing. 




Then on some random notes from the month. They built a house on the lot behind ours. It sure gives our house a different feeling. There goes Harley's pooping grounds, and my yard feels tiny now. Blah it stinks but it'll be nice not to have so many weeds from the field.

 Then of course Harley Harley. We did have an incident at the beginning of the month with him. We fed him a bone from dinner and it splintered and was cutting up his tummy. Luckily he ended up being ok but that was a very expensive $200 bone (vet bill). The poor thing wouldn't stop throwing up. He didn't feel so hot in this picture you could just tell.
 Then really the only other thing that is going on is that I signed up to be in the Red Rock Relay. Which is like the Ragnar but the St. George version. 187 mile relay from Cedar City to Zions National Park. I'm in a group called the SOLE SISTERS. It's my Mother-in-law Dana and her sisters and friends. It should be very interesting. If you know me I haven't ran in years. I eat what I want when I want to and don't even think about exercising. So I have started training..... and it is going..... slow. I have hope but very little that I'll make it. My sister Misty has been awesome in letting me tag along with her at the Rec to run. It's in Sept. so I have some time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm gald your birthday went so well I'm so sorry I spaced it. I'm so forgetful lately. Happy Birthday!!